Thursday, May 31, 2007

1 June 2007 - Wow! It's June!

So…not much to report. My boss is away on a retreat. I’ve just been working on writing a report on the possible human rights violations created by the Organic Law. I’ve been reading quite a few articles, all of which are quite negative, and that is about it. Oh, the life of an intern.

The weather has been miserable. It’s suppose to be the dry season…it is definitely not. Rainy weather always makes me sleepy, and I think the people in my office feel the same. They have had the District Co-ordinator Conference this week and they have only just returned from the field last Friday. Each legal officer was out in the field training the judges on the recent changes to the law. They were out in the field for a month. I can only imagine how exhausted they are.

I think this weekend I am going to try to get away to Kibuye. Kibuye is to the west of Kigali and is on Lake Kivu. The last time I was there was in 2003, so I am excited to return and have a peaceful weekend sunbathing and reading.

No comments: